Week 9 Reflection
What is something you are proud of or have found interesting in your learning recently?
- Something I am proud of this week is my reading. I am proud of my reading because I completed all the tasks on the hopscotch and made sure that they were up to a high standard. This week on the hopscotch one of the activities was to research the layers of the earth and to create a presentation about them. I think I achieved this activity, and completed it to a high standard because when I researched the layers I made sure that all of the information I was collecting was correct, by checking a few websites instead only using one website. Another reason why I am proud of my reading is because I added a lot of detail into my hopscotch activities, and this week they activities were based around the novel we were reading. I was reading Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix and I got engrossed into the novel, and completed reading 10 chapters which is 64 pages.
Add a photo/video/link AND a brief description


Add a photo/video/link AND a brief description
What is something you need to work on in your learning and why?
- Next week I want to focus on my writing because I am not so confident at it and need a bit of guidance to fill in the room of improvement. I think that when I write I tend to write a lot of describing words and don't use many other language features. Which makes my writing boring and not catchy for the reader. I think to improve that I need to use other language features rather than only adjectives. As last week when we were writing about the story ruin I added to many adjectives and it sounded really weird. I also want to learn different types of writing like a newspaper article. So to learn different types of writings I think I should request for workshops on that and attend as many as I can still making it realistic for me to complete my writing, like this week I want to attend planning, how to write a newspaper article and what is a paragraph. So that I can understand more about writing.
Our TÅtara goal has been Responding Appropriately, what does this mean to you?
- I think that responding appropriately means that you need to answer in a suitble and polite way. I also think it means to be using the right tone of voice when you are responding to someone, and always being polite and using your manners. It also can mean to have the right attitude towards people and listen to them if they are talking to you. For example if you had missed a instruction and you didn't know what to do instead of calling out and shouting over top of someone else and moaning saying I didn't hear you. You could politely put your hand up and what for the teacher and then say " Sorry I missed out of the instructions could you please repeat the for me"?
How can you show Responding Appropriately?
Some ways to respond appropriately are:
Some ways to respond appropriately are:
- To be polite
- Having a positive attitude
- Actively listening to others
- Putting your hand up
- Using your manners
- Letting others talk as well
No comments:
Post a Comment