WAINUI CAMP, 2018
What is your best memory of Tōtara camp?
- My best memory of camp this year was the giant swing. Giant swing was an activity at camp that we got participate in. Then giant swing at Wainui camp was 17.5 meters high. At the giant swing you got harnessed up and then our team mates had to pull on a rope that lifted you higher. When you reached the height that you wanted to stop. We had to pull a rope to release ourselves from the rope that got us to the top and to flung down. I was extremely nervous but after I got off I really enjoyed it wanted to have another go.
What challenged you on camp and how did you get through this challenge?
- Ab sailing which was another activity at camp challenged me. Ab sailing challenged me because we had to climb up a tree that had hooks on them, but it was raining that day so the hooks were really slippery and the hooks were separated really far apart. After we reached the top we ab sailed back down where you hang on a rope and fall down at whatever speed you feel comfortable at. We get harnessed on for our safety as it is a really high height.
How did you show Active Listening on camp and why was it important?
- I showed active listening at camp by following instructions. I listened to the teachers, instructors, and my peers. I also showed active listening by asking questions when I didn't understand something and needed a little bit of guidance to help me understand it better. It is important to be actively listening so that you know what you need to do, and don't miss out on any instructions that may be very important to be safe around equipment that could possibly be harmful.

Glad you enjoyed camp Angam, you did well in taking risks and trying new things.
ReplyDeleteI really like how you have used acjectives
ReplyDelete