Search This Blog

Sunday, 19 August 2018

New Zealand Maths Week














This is an image of the geometric shape I created. As this week was maths week our class had a variety of enjoyable activities ranging from the marble run to geometric chalk drawing,  to chose from instead of our normal maths routine, we had to complete at the minimum 4 activities, and have a piece of evidence that we completed that activity.  One of the many options was making a Geometric Chalk drawing, we were challenged to make it a repeating pattern or use reflection, or rotation.





The second activity I completed was the marble run.  We were challenged to make the tallest, largest, and biggest marble run.  I completed this activity with a large group of people, so that we could use a lot of helping hands. I was in charge of making sure that everything was functioning correctly, and if it didn't to fix it. The video above is what we created.





My third activity that I completed was, battleships. At this staton we had a range of maths games to chose to play from, and I chose to play battleships. Aliyah and I played together, this an image of when we were playing this game, Aliyah won as she sunk all of my ships by the end of the game , and I had only sunk two of her ships.






My final activity I completed was creating tessellation's, with geometry shapes.  This is an image of the tessellation I created with Loucee, Kadince, and Amy.  We were challenged to create the largest tessellation.  In my group, I was in charge of making sure that it was all repeating.  This took us nearly a whole session as we had to restart a few times.












No comments:

Post a Comment